tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Miller, Andy" <Andy.Mil...@hp.com>
Subject RE: stop log files getting reinitialized?
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 19:36:56 GMT
Never mind.. Answered my own question:

          	<Logger
className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
			      prefix="output." suffix=".log"
        	  		timestamp="false"
        	  		pattern="combined"/>

-----Original Message-----
From: Miller, Andy
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 2:32 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: stop log files getting reinitialized?

Is there anyway to stop tomcat from re-initializing output logs after a
restart?  It's a real pain not being able to just type "tail -f
stdout.log" and leave that window open.  What happens is that after
stopping tomcat, the file gets reset to 0bytes and after starting it
again, nothing is displayed in my tail window.  I have to close it an
open it again, by which time all the pertinent output log has streamed
by.

Surely others have found a workaround????

Thanks

Andy Miller
andy.miller@hp.com