tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lisa van Gelder <lisa.vangel...@digitalrum.com>
Subject Invalid direct reference to form login page
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 09:14:07 GMT
Hi guys

I am running Tomcat 4.0.1. I have tomcat set up to authenticate using a jdbc
realm and it automatically forwards you to the login page when you are not
logged in.

The problem is that when you are not logged in and you try and access a
page, often you get the following message:

type Status report
message Invalid direct reference to form login page
description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect
(Invalid direct reference to form login page).

I understand that you are not permitted to reference the login page
directly, but this happens irrespective of the url you are trying to access:
ie: http://myserver/myapp/index.jsp which is completely seperate to my login
page. The only way to get into my app is to retype the url and try again.

Apologies if this is something simple - I have searched the archives and not
found a solution.

thanks in advance

Lisa