tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James, Stuart" <stuart.ja...@cazenove.com>
Subject Login success
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 14:59:30 GMT
Hi,

Using tomcat 4.0 on HPUX/Java 1.3

I have two questions,

First, using the standard tomcat login mechanism what class, filter or tag
do I have to implement to add extra processing to a successful login.
(logging the username/ip address to our database and setting default
session/cookie values).

Second, Is it possible to have the login realm configuration stored inside
the web.xml and not the server.xml to allow each context to have different
realms.

Thanks,

Email Disclaimer

This communication is for the attention of the
named recipient only and should not be passed
on to any other person. Information relating to
any company or security, is for information
purposes only and should not be interpreted as
a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any security.
The information on which this communication is based
has been obtained from sources we believe to be reliable,
but we do not guarantee its accuracy or completeness.
All expressions of opinion are subject to change
without notice.  All e-mail messages, and associated attachments,
are subject to interception and monitoring for lawful business purposes.