tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rutledge, Aaron" <>
Subject forcing SSL
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 18:36:51 GMT
I'm trying to clear one last hurdle on this whole SSL thing.  How
exactly do I force a certain page to require https protocol?  The How-To
on SSL (which I have just about memorized at this point) states...

"Any pages which absolutely require a secure connection should check the
protocol type associated with the page request and take the appropriate
action of https is not specified."

Can this be done in the web.xml file or is this done within each JSP or
Servlet?  Is it possible to seamlessly redirect a user who requests a
page through http to be switched to https without altering the source
code of each page?  I've scanned every e-mail on SSL on this list since
November and I've seen many similar requests, but nobody has ever
answered it.  Weird.  If somebody could point me in the right direction
I would be very grateful.  Regards!  Aaron

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message