tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rutledge, Aaron" <ARutle...@5prime.com>
Subject RE: Very strange session problem on localhost only (trying again)
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 13:46:22 GMT
What do you mean "the session times out"?  Are you testing for session
variables and the session expires after this page loads on localhost,
but not from another browser on another machine?  Or, does your page
never load?  I assume the page loaded in the new window is a JSP or
Servlet generated. WHat kind of code is in that window and what is the
action of the button when it is closed (is it strictly client-side or
does it load a new page or submit data)?  Also, are you sure that the
problem is not a browser problem on your localhost machine.  When you
return to that page is it possible that you're not seeing what you are
expecting because of a cached page or a simmilar problem? --Aaron

-----Original Message-----
From: Brandon Cruz [mailto:bcruz@norvax.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 7:23 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Very strange session problem on localhost only (trying
again)

Nobody responded to this in a few days, so I'll try again this
morning...

Hello,

We have recently noticed a very strange error when running tomcat 3.2.4
on
localhost.  If a button in the application pops up a new window, then
the
user closes that window to return to the original screen, the session
times
out.  This does not happen when using tomcat connected to apache on our
production machine, or even if we access tomcat standalone from another
computer on the network.  Only happens on localhost.

Does anyone know why?

Brandon

For additional commands, e-mail: