tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jamshed Qureshi <Jamshed.Qure...@umit.com>
Subject RE: new thread for Jeffrey Caswell
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 14:19:56 GMT
Thanks Gianluca,

i haven't test any jsp's yet but both service are now running fine..
Millions plus thanks..

Jamshed

-----Original Message-----
From: Gianluca Gravina [mailto:g_gravina@virgilio.it]
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 4:34 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: R: new thread for Jeffrey Caswell

Let's start ...

1 :: Check that U have

{apache2Path}/libexec/mod_jk.dll

If not, download a precompiled version, it works for me ...

2 :: Check for these lines in your server.xml for Tomcat (I found them
after installation, I didn't need to modify anything in server.xml)

***** SERVER:XML *****
  <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">

    <Connector
className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
     enableLookups="true" appBase="webapps"
     acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

    <!-- Replace "localhost" with what your Apache "ServerName" is set
to -->
    <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
     name="Apache" debug="0">

      <!-- Global logger unless overridden at lower levels -->
              prefix="apache_log." suffix=".txt"
              timestamp="true"/>

      <!-- Because this Realm is here, an instance will be shared
globally -->

    </Engine>

  </Service>
************************

3 :: Now U have to modify some lines in httpd.conf:

****** HTTPD.CONF ******
{at the end of the file: )

LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.dll
Include "{tomcat folder}/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf
JkWorkersFile "{tomcat folder}/conf/workers.properties"   // U'll write
down this file later
JkLogFile     "{apache2 folder}/logs/mod_jk.log"
JkLogLevel    info

*************************

4 :: Now open your editor and create a file like this in {tomcat
folder}/conf/workers.properties:

****** {tomcat folder}/conf/workers.properties ******

worker.list=ajp13

worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.host=localhost
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13

!!!!!

It's enough, next time U start apache, then Tomcat, U have to find
something like this in your httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName grava.d2g.com

    JkMount /manager ajp13
    JkMount /manager/* ajp13

    JkMount /examples ajp13
    JkMount /examples/* ajp13

    JkMount /tomcat-docs ajp13
    JkMount /tomcat-docs/* ajp13

    JkMount /webdav ajp13
    JkMount /webdav/* ajp13

    jkMount /docs ajp13
    jkMount /docs/* ajp13

</VirtualHost>

Depending on the context in your server.xml, with this I have a problem
cos everytime I start Tomcat it opens
{tomcat-folder}/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf for appending instead of rewriting
it, so Apache find duplicate virtual hosts. I cooment this line:

# Include "{tomcat folder}/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf

In httpd.conf and when I deploy something I have to add it in httpd.conf
too, like:

    jkMount /myapps ajp13
    jkMount /myapps/* ajp13

In virtualHost directive in httpd.conf. Where myapps is the new context
deployed with tomcat.

After this I'm able to access my jsps and my servlets with

http://myhost:8080/myapps

http://myhost:80/myapps (managed by apache).

It works for me, hope te be of some help for U.

For advanced tuning I did nothing... I just make it works a couple of
day ago, now I haver to study for an exam :-((((

Good Luck and let me know!

Gianluca