tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Garzon Maldonado, Jesus Javier" <jgar...@indra.es>
Subject Terminating sessions problem. (bug?)
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 10:18:47 GMT
Hello all:

    When a user enter in my site sessions are used to store user data. I get the session using
(request.getSession(true);). When users leave the site the session is invalidated (request.getSession().invalidate();).
But, if users enter again from the same browser instance each call to (request.getSession(true);)
creates a new session so it's impossible to get data associated with the session from differents
servlets. If users enter from another browser instance, sessions works fine.

I'm using Apache 1.3.20 + Tomcat 4.0.3 on windows NT, but this also happened with Tomcat 3.2.1
and on unix platforms running Tomcat 3.2.1 standalone.

This is a bug?, Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you very much. Regards

 Jesús Javier Garzón Maldonado
 Radar, Mando y Control

 Carretera Loeches, Nº 9