tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bing Zhang <bzh...@sohar.com>
Subject RE: reloadable=true not working---> problems with reloading servl ets
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 17:41:50 GMT
I have same problem, even reload through manager  does not reload the
servlet class, but it will automatically pick up jsp timestamp. Everytime, I
change servlet, I have to restart tomcat, what a pain!!!!

Bing

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Letts
To: Tomcat Users List
Sent: 5/17/02 8:59 AM
Subject: Re: reloadable=true not working---> problems with reloading servl
ets

  Yes the manager app will restart and the Tomcat will reload but I want

Tomcat to detect newly compiled class files and reload without
restarting, whether via the command line or via the manager web app.

This will avoid developers asking each other if they can 'restart'
Tomcat while working on code.

Ray