tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nicholas Orr <Nicholas....@mim.com.au>
Subject Dictate what happens when page loads based on the Querry String
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 03:41:19 GMT
Ok,

I type in the following url http://localhost/Forms/form.jsp

Now what should happen is it should do what is in the case 1 of the switch.

But it doesn't. It gets caught up on the fact that there is no Page
paramater.

I have come from the world of asp, and something like this is achieved
simply by doing this.

If len(request("Page")) < 0 Then
  sPage = "1"
End If

It doesn't matter if "page" is there or not, if page is there in the form of
form.asp?Page= then the length = 0 if it is form.asp then length = 0

How do you do this in java?

The reason I have the else in there is I have to convert sPage into a
integer cause switch doesn't accept strings unlike VB's Select which does.

intended only for the use of the addressee(s).
If you receive this e-mail in error, any use, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is not permitted. You are requested to
forward unwanted e-mail and address any problems to the
MIM Holdings Limited Support Centre.

For general enquires:	++61 7 3833 8000
Support Centre e-mail:	supportcentre@mim.com.au
Support Centre phone:  	Australia 1800500646
        				International ++61 7 38338042