tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Barry Roberts" <blrobe...@xactware.com>
Subject Sticky sessions with mod_jk and tomcat don't stick
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 21:54:58 GMT
I followed (I think the instructions) in this article:
http://www.ubeans.com/tomcat/index.html

I have Apache 1.3.20 on RedHat Linux 7.2.  One instance of tomcat 4.0.3
is  also running on that same machine using IBM's JDK 1.3.1.  The other
tomcat is 4.0.3 running on Sun's JDK 1.4 on Solaris 8 (sparc).  Each
server.xml has a unique jvmRoute attribute on the ajp Connector element.

But when I'm using my application it will "stick" to one tomcat server
for a while, then randomly hit the other.  Since my session isn't on
that server, my app sends me back to the login page.

Since that is a somewhat unfriendly user experience, I would really like
to get sticky sessions working correctly.  Anybody have any idea what I
could be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Barry Roberts