tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eric Etkin <EF...@susqbanc.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4 install / config
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 14:27:33 GMT
Has anyone implemented tomcat 4 to hang off the back of Apache.  Apache is
more "industrial strength" from my experience.  I want to run apache, and
use Tomcat to process the JSP.

Eric Etkin
Susquehanna Bancshares Inc.
26 North Cedar Street
Lititz, PA 17543
Telephone:  (717) 625-6360
Mail Code: PA-SBI (IT/DATASEC)

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Borenstein [mailto:dborenst@ci.newport-news.va.us]
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 10:21 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat 4 install / config

I believe it will create a conflict if both servers are running and using
the same port.  If Tomcat is being run as a standalone server, it will
handle static pages and .jsp.  If you want to utilize apache for static
pages, you will have to use a connector.  the web.xml file in Tomcat should
have the proper configuration statements commented out.  Several lines will
also need to be added to apaches httpd.conf file, depending on which
connector you are using, and which module in apache(mod_jk or mod_webapp).