tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dave Finch <Tom...@FDMInc.com>
Subject redirection from a custom tag
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 20:26:52 GMT
Hi,

Am using a custom tag on a JSP page in tomcat 4.0.1 to authenticate a
user.
If the authentication fails I use the request dispatcher to forward the
user to a logon page and return SKIP_PAGE from the tag.

My problem is that tomcat throws an exception when the JSP page tries to
release the page context in the finally block if the service method (in
the java file generated from the jsp)

The exception is an illegalStateException
The exception does not stop everything from working fine but it is a bit
annoying

Is there something I can do to prevent the jsp from trying to release
the pageContext?

TIA,

Dave Finch