tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eric.Le...@swissinfo.ch
Subject Getting to work Apache and Tomcat on Win2000
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 12:28:53 GMT
Hi

Having installed Tomcat 4.0.4-b2 successfully on my Windows 2000 together
with the Java Standard Tag Library and the Jakarta String Tag Library, I
went on to install Apache 1.3.24 as well.
Here the troubles started...

I installed the webapp_module according to the instructions and added a
connection to Tomcat with the following lines in Apache's httpd.conf:

# The connection to Tomcat
WebAppConnection tomcat  warp  localhost:8008
# The examples for JSP
WebAppDeploy     examples  tomcat  /examples
# The examples for JSTL
WebAppDeploy     standard-doc.war  tomcat  /standard-doc
WebAppDeploy     standard-examples.war  tomcat  /standard-examples
# The examples for the String Tag Library
WebAppDeploy     string-doc.war  tomcat  /string-doc
WebAppDeploy     string-examples.war  tomcat  /string-examples

While everything works as long as I connect to Tomcat directly with
http://localhost:8080/ (e.g. using http://localhost:8080/standard-doc/), as
soon as I used Apache, the whole system becomes very unstable. I might get
away with using one or two .war files, but then Apache crashes.

Has anyone experienced the same problems?

Thank & best regards,
Eric

swissinfo/Swiss Radio International
Eric Lewis
IT Engineering
Giacomettistrasse 1
CH-3000 Berne 15

Phone: 	++41 31 350 95 42
Fax: 	++41 31 350 99 40
mailto:eric.lewis@swissinfo.ch

Switzerland is everywhere. Stay connected!
http://www.swissinfo.org
http://mobile.swissinfo.org
http:/wap.swissinfo.org

SRG SSR idée suisse