tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject RE: tomcat 4.0.3 and No suitable driver SQLException
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 00:04:49 GMT
Some of the parameter names seem to have changed.  I suggest grabbing a
recent nightly build of Tomcat 4.1 and following the instructions here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=102242646003357&w=2

There I point to two other messages that I sent to the list and reference
the original email where I found the solution.  I also added a bit of code
to one of the emails so be sure to read them all.

I think the main problem is this.  Compare my configuration to
yours.  Notice that some of the param names are different and there are
some that you don't have that you need (such as "factory"):

<Resource name="jdbc/utasklistDB" auth="Container"
                   type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
     <ResourceParams name="jdbc/utasklistDB">
         <parameter>
             <name>username</name>
             <value>blahuser</value>
         </parameter>
         <parameter>
             <name>password</name>
             <value>blahpass</value>
         </parameter>
         <parameter>
             <name>driverClassName</name>
         </parameter>
         <parameter>
             <name>url</name>
             <value>jdbc:oracle:thin:@oracle.mydomain:1521:utasklst</value>
         </parameter>
         <parameter>
             <name>factory</name>
         </parameter>
         <parameter>
             <name>maxActive</name>
             <value>100</value>
         </parameter>
         <parameter>
             <name>maxIdle</name>
             <value>30000</value>
         </parameter>
         <parameter>
             <name>maxWait</name>
             <value>100</value>
         </parameter>
         <parameter>
             <name>validationQuery</name>
             <value>SELECT MAX(id) FROM Users</value>
         </parameter>
     </ResourceParams>

Jake