tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eric Everman <ever...@precedadesign.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat won't pick up my classes
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 14:34:37 GMT
Is your jsp part of the ROOT application?  Each app has its own copy of
/WEB-INF/classes & /WEB-INF/lib.
Also, if you are placing classes directly in the /classes folder, the class
file must be placed in nested folders matching the package name of the
class - this is probably why some people are recommending using jar files
in the lib folder since the package info is stored in the jar file itself
there is no subfolder organization to watch out for.

Good luck,

Eric