tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Eustace <alan.eust...@dit.ie>
Subject Re: HTTP Status 404, please help beginner
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 15:54:01 GMT
it's not clear from your mail exactly what URL you're using to access the file

you should be able to access it thus:
http://localhost:8080/coreJsp/chpt_01/simpleDate.jsp

or you could drop the file simpleDate.jsp into $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT

and access it thus http://localhost:8080/simpleDate.jsp

(i'm assuming this file isn't calling any other jsps or servlets )

hope this helps

a.