tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sankaranarayanan (Ganesh) Ganapathy" <sganapa...@vitria.com>
Subject IIS and Tomcat: I am stuck with this for last two days : Can somebody help
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 19:00:11 GMT
Hi All,

I am using win2k professional, IIS 5.0 and Tomcat4.0.3 I want to configure IIS and tomcat.
I followed the instructions and setup the ISAPI filer on IIS. I see a green arrow against
the ISAPI filter. When I send in a request I see the following entry made in the IIS log:
07:30:30 127.0.0.1 GET /jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll 500. i dont see any entries in my redirector
log though I have increased the log level to info

Subsequently the tomcat ISAPI redirector is not forwarding the request to my tomcat worker
(I am monitoring for any activity on the port on which tomcat ajp connector is listening).

The trouble shooting section in doc says http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/tomcat-iis-howto.html

If the number following GET "/..." is 500, check the following:
	Make sure the virtual directory created was called "jakarta".
	Make sure that the extension_uri setting is correct.
	Check the workers.properties file and make sure the port setting for workers used is the
same as the port specified in the server.xml for the ajp13 or ajp12 connectors, normally this
ports are 8007 for ajp12 and 8009 for ajp13.

I check all three and all of them are fine, infact apache works my tomcat ajp connector using
the same workers.properties file.

Has anybody got this configuration to work? Any pointers to what I should do further will
be greatly appreciated.

Thanx
Ganesh