tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sankaranarayanan (Ganesh) Ganapathy" <>
Subject Can somebody help me with this one: Choosing between standard Tomcat 4.0.3 and jdk1.4 LE
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 17:19:41 GMT
Any hep will be greatly appreciated.

JDK 1.4 LE version
> The difference that is mentioned in the apache site is that standard edition includes
optional libraries and xml parser while the other one doesnt. I guess to run the jdk1.4 LE
on jdk1.2+ the user needs to add an XML parser, I understand that part.
> I dont understand what it means to have/not have the optional libraries (Tyrex, JavaMail,
Java Activation Framework, JNDI or JDBC standard extension) - more so about tyrex, is there
any functionality enabled /disabled in tomcat because of the same?  - or does it mean that
apps running in tomcat that use javamail api or jndi or jdbc standard extension api will not
work unless these are added.
> Does the tomcat 4.0.3 with the optional libraries and xerces parser continue to work
as it is with jdk1.4?
> Any help will be greatly appreicated.
> Thanx in advance
> Ganesh