tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Upgrade question
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 17:06:00 GMT
Hello Scott,

I would only pull in your own webapps rather than all of them.  The
reason is that the examples, tomcat-docs, admin, etc... that come with
tomcat also get updated each release.

Jake

SP> Hello,

SP> I am running Tomcat 4.0.3 on NT, and I am going to upgrade the version. Up to this
point, when I upgraded, I basically copied my old version to a bak.version and copied the
web-apps folder over.
SP> Is this the best way to do a upgrade, or is the sw intelligent enough to just upgrade
on top of itself.?

SP> I have quite a bit of sites running and was curious the best way to go from one version
to another.

SP> Thanks,
SP> Scott

SP> --