tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Hinojosa <>
Subject Tomcat authentication using Microsoft SQL Server.
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 17:46:28 GMT

I am using FORM authentication on my web application.  I have everything
set up nice.  My customer requests that the authentication be done
against the given users and roles table in the SQLServer.  I thought it
was no large task.  The users table I found out to be was sysusers per
database.  Fine,  but unfortunately no 'roles' table, but in fact a
COLUMN? in the sysusers table.  I don't know the logic behind that one,
but how can I set up a Tomcat JDBC Realm using the predefined Users and
Roles in SQLServer.

P.S. Checked the archives already.

Daniel Hinojosa
Java & XML Consultant | Developer | Instructor

P.O. Box 4675
Albuquerque, NM 87196-4675
Telephone: (505)363-5832
Fax: (775)261-6331