tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <bpor...@f2network.com.au>
Subject Re: TC4 <Context> loaded twice when path != docBase
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 00:03:45 GMT

Rick Mann wrote:

> It definitely is the case, although I personally think it's incorrect, too.
> I took me days to figure out that the reason my servlet init() method was
> being called twice was because of this very problem. I also could not find
> anything in the doc or mail to indicate how to turn off auto-deployment, so
> I finally just caved and set the two to be the same.
>
> Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Thanks for your help - actually, you can turn off auto-deployment by
removing "appBase" from <Host> I found out. Then, you have to change
docBase in <Context> to an absolute path (or just "webapps/mywebapp"
might work - haven't tried) and the path works.

I might file this as a low priority bug in Bugzilla since I couldn't see
one already.

Cheers,
Brett

--
| Brett Porter <bporter@f2network.com.au> .
. f2 network ~ everything essential       |