tomcat-users mailing list archives

From chuck amadi <chuck.am...@breconbeacons.org>
Subject Re: Session in JSP
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 07:55:18 GMT
Wiwi Wiwi wrote:

> Hi all. Can anyone tell me how to create a session in JSP instead of
> servlet, and read the value of the attribute that stored in the
> session using JSP?
>
> Thanks.
> wiwi

> For additional commands, e-mail:

Hi there to use a jsp seesion you must use the <jsp:useBean> Element
this Element locates or instantiates a Bean with a specific name and
scope. as below

<jsp:useBean id="formBean" scope="session" clas="mycompany.it.FormBean"/>
<jsp:setProperty name="formBean" property="*"/>

Hey hey Happy day's the best thing to do is read Jsp Core Syntax Reference.

Hope that this helps as i have been completing a  web based application
project using state management and validation and hey hey the session
scope worked and populated my PostgreSql DB.

Cheers Chuck Amadi
Systems Programmer
Rhaglenydd Systemau