tomcat-users mailing list archives

From sbattul <>
Subject RE: Code Sample For -: running JSP with Javabeans
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 18:50:16 GMT
Hi Vishal and Juan,

  I had the same problem Juan now has.

  My code worked when I included my class file in a Package and made no

  other changes.

  I changed :
  <jsp:useBean id="ClassFileName" scope="page" class="ClassFileName">

 to :
<jsp:useBean id="ClassFileName" scope="page"

 and it worked.

 Juan did u include

  package packagename;   in ur java files and recompiled them.

 This might help.

>===== Original Message From "Vishal" <> =====
>Hi Juanjo ...
>    to use java beans with Jsp's u just have to put all u'r java beans that
>r nothing but the class files within u'r classes floder .... if u'r using
>some pakage then u can put u'r java beans in that package under the classes
>floder of the Tomcat ...
>u have to call  that Java bean from u'r JSP file i'm sending u the
>code to include the beans
><jsp:useBean id="ClassFileName" scope="page" class="ClassFileName">
><jsp:setProperty name="ClassFileName" property="*" />
>this is perfectly working for me .. i hope u'll also get the desired result
>with this .....
>Vishal Gupta

View raw message