tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tom Oinn <...@ebi.ac.uk>
Subject Re: I'm getting no responses to my requests for help on this list
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 14:33:27 GMT
Hi,

We're going to need some details of your environment, os and suchlike.
Do you have any other servers running on this machine?

Tom

Gary Frick wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>    I've been working day and night trying to get Tomcat started and to get past the HTTP
500 error when trying to invoke the JSP examples.  I've been combing the archives, but I'm
not seeing any real solutions.  What must I do and where must I go to get help?

>    First it would be helpful to know what is going on.  When I try to start Tomcat I
get the following (See below. Only providing first few lines of trace).  When I try //localhost/examples
 I can execute the servlets, but not the JSPs.  On the JSPs I always get HTTP Status 500 messages.
 I've followed the recommendations to recheck the classpaths and environment variables (JAVA_HOME
and TOMCAT_HOME), but this hasn't helped.  For one thing I don't understand why port 8080
is already in use.  How can I check?