tomcat-users mailing list archives

From peter lin <peter....@labs.gte.com>
Subject Re: Conncurency issue with tomcat???
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 12:26:11 GMT

>From my understanding of the specification, session ID aren't gauranteed
to be unique, but should be unique while the server is running. If the
server is restarted, it is possible to get identicle session ids.  I
doubt this is your problem.  More likely what is happening is your test
application isn't accepting the cookie. If that is the case, tomcat and
any servlet container will create an id for every request, so it's
possible you will get duplicates.

It's only when the browser accepts the cookie, that registers that
session id as "taken".

peter lin