tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Allen Chesley <Allen_L_Ches...@raytheon.com>
Subject Re: JNDI/LDAP/JSP Example?
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 23:48:55 GMT
Very nice, but not quite what I need.

For one, user authentication in JNDIRealms is not working, and won't until
Tomcat 4.1 or later.  That means I cannot use it to log in users, only the
admin entry embedded in the code.

For another, I want to access and store DATA in an LDAP server, not just use
it to authenticate.  I need to know how to set up a structure to allow me to
both read (unauthenticated) and modify (authenticated) using JSP's.

Like I said, there is a fair number of examples of how to do it using a
standalone JAVA app, and how to use JDBC to do it in a JSP, but none that I
can find that combine LDAP accesses with JSP.

Chakradhar Tallam wrote:

> http://www.vsj.co.uk/archive/Feb2002/Javanet/javanet1-0202.asp
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/realm-howto.html
>
> ct