tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vincenzo Marchese <v.march...@arsretia.net>
Subject Re: automatic login
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 10:39:36 GMT
Have you tried redirecting with an automatic post to your protected
location with some javascript like:

document.forms["authform"].submit();

obviously after filling the form with the code you wrote down below.

You can control in form-login page if you come from a registration
procedure and then do the automatic post.

Mats Nyberg wrote:

> friends, cohorts;
> have an application involving user registration and "declarative
> authorization".
> in the end of an user registration i want the newly created user also
> to be logged in
> without providing a "now you can use your new id and password to log
> in"-screen.
>
> HOWTO?
>
> i vanely thought something like -snip- would do and now after some
> days in the mud i thought
> i'd swallow my pride and ask; how do one do this?
>
> regards
>
> ----snip
>      <% session.setAttribute("tomcat.auth.originalLocation",
> "/protected/xxx.jsp"); %>
>      <form method="POST" action="j_security_check" >
>        Username: <input type="hidden" name="j_username" value="<%=
> userId %>"><br>
>        Password: <input type="hidden" name="j_password" value="<%=
> password %>"><br>
>        <input type="submit" value="login" name="j_security_check">
>      </form>
> ---snip
>

> --
> For additional commands, e-mail:

   Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to
accept what I can't and the incapacity to tell the difference.	  -- Calvin
      Vincenzo  Marchese
        ARSRETIA S.r.l.
      Via D. Sansotta, 97
        00144 Roma (IT)