tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mattias Brändström <>
Subject context
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 00:36:40 GMT

I am having problems with my Context. Below are snippets from my
httpd.conf and server.xml files:

-- httpd.conf --
<VirtualHost *>
     DocumentRoot /var/www/matlaget
     WebAppDeploy  .  conn  /tom

-- server.xml --
       <Host className = "org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpHost"

           <Context path="tom" docBase="" debug="5" reloadable="true">

             <Resource name="jdbc/MatDB" reloadable="true"
                       auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
             <ResourceParams name="jdbc/MatDB">

The thing is that even though I have set reloadable to true in the
Context the classes doesn't get reread after I have compiled new ones.
Another thing that isn't working is the database. The DataSource object
is null after I have looked it up with JNDI.

One of my jsp's is at the URL

The jsp runs but the DataSource object that I will use is null. It is
almost as if I haven't defined a conext at all.

Can anyone see if I have missed some thing in my configuration? Any help
will be gratly appriciated!

I am running Tomcat 4.0.3 on Linux.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>