tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mattias Brändström <bra...@ludd.luth.se>
Subject Re: JSP-pages and reloadable
Date Sun, 05 May 2002 02:07:20 GMT
Jay Gardner wrote:
> I have run into similar problems before. It turned out to be one of two
> things. Either I had to force my browser to reload or I was making changes
> in a JSP that was an include for another JSP. I am sure you have tried the
> first. I don't know if the second is what you are doing, but if it is, you
> will need to save the outer JSP so the timestamp changes. Then both the
> outer and any included JSPs will be re-compiled. Other than that I don't
> know what the problem could be.

It turned out to be a problem related to the dates on the jsp-files. I
was editing files shared with samba to my windows box using WinEmacs.
For some reason the dates on the files did not get updated correcty when
I saved them so I had to 'touch' them in order to get a good date. When
I did that everything worked fine.

Regards,
Mattias