tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Help with Tomcat and mm.mql driver
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 13:53:20 GMT
Hello all,

Hopefully this is an easy one...
I am trying to connect to mysql from a servlet running on Tomcat 4.0.3.
I have the mm.mysql driver installed and it works fine from within a Java
console app.

When I run the servlet I get the following error:
"java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver"

I am running this servlet from Tomcat\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\code_lib
(code_lib being the name of the package I am creating...)
I read in a few places that I should put the mm.mysql class in WEB-INF\lib,
does this still apply if my app is not running in the "classes" directory?
Or should it go in WEB-INF\code_lib\lib?
Do I have to alter server.xml or modify the CLASSPATH?

Hopefully this is enought information. Help is MUCH appreciated.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message