tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ajay Chauhan <aj...@india.infogain.com>
Subject Enabling SSL in tomcat
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 07:09:15 GMT
I am facing one problem while enabling SSL in Tomcat on windows NT server. I
have created the keystore using the following command:

keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA

using changeit password. It has created .keystore file in <user.home>
directory. Say if my login is ajay then the files is created in :
C:\WINNT\Profiles\ajay directory, which is the value of
System.getProperty("user.home").

However when I start the Tomcat server, the jvm.stderr log files show the
following error and tomcat does not start:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\WINNT\Profiles\Default User\.keystore (The
system cannot find the file specified)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.net.SSLSocketFactory.initKeyStore(SSLSocketFactory.java:22
0)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.net.SSLSocketFactory.initProxy(SSLSocketFactory.java:160)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.net.SSLSocketFactory.createSocket(SSLSocketFactory.java:11
8)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpEndpoint.startEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java
:239)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector.start(PoolTcpConnector.java:188)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.start(ContextManager.java:527)
	at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:202)
	at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:235)

This problem does not appear in Windows NT Workstation. In the workstation
the <user.home> property is the same as required by the Tomcat server at run
time.

If anyone face the same problem earlier and have the solution please reply
ASAP.

Regards,
Ajay