tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Cindy Ballreich <ci...@ballreich.net>
Subject the ups and downs of JNDI connection pooling
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 19:11:34 GMT

After reading every message I could find in the archives (and marveling at the blood, sweat,
and tears shed over this subject) I believe that I've finally got JNDI connection pooling
working with the Tyrex software!!!

My joy was boundless until I started having problems with Tyrex itself. (For example, NullPointerExceptions
when Connection.setAutoCommit() is called.) The development archives seem to confirm this
and other problems and talk about DBCP as the pooling software of the future. I found the
DBCP pages (at http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/index.html), but it appears to be a log ways
from being ready for a production environment.

Are there are reliable ways to do connection pooling with JNDI or should I just go back to
DbConnectionBroker and be happy with that?

Thanks

Cindy