tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "B├╝hrle, Martin, FCI1" <martin.bueh...@lfk.eads.net>
Subject publishing Tomcat-Servlet twice under different URLs
Date Sat, 04 May 2002 17:17:13 GMT
Hi List,

I am looking for a solution to protect one of our two
content-areas within one unique  sevlet -installation (OPENCMS-CMS-system) ,

publishing the two content-areas with Tomcat 4.0.1, WARP-Connector, Apache
1.3.x
under the following URLs (use of DNS-CNAME-Configuration and Apache virtual
Hosts):
1)
<servername1>/opencms/opencms/eads-ww/ge_eadsportal/index.html
2)
<servername2>/opencms/opencms/private/index.html
(restricted area)

We restricted the access to the area 2) by using simple IP-based
AccessControl from Apache 1.3.x,
but anyway external users could see the internal content of area 2)
by simply using the address-combination
<servername1>/opencms/opencms/private/index.html
because  the content of both areas is stored within one
unique database in the same OPENCMS-instance  (Tomcat-Servlet) .

Although I know, that I would have a chance with two WARP-Connections,
each for one of the virtual Apache-hosts, and two different
OpenCMS-Servlet -Instances for the content-areas, I want to ask the list,
if there is another possibility.

May be there is a chance by changing the Tomcat-/Apache-Configuration so
that I have two new URLs pointing to the same OPENCMS -Servlet-instance???
This would preventing me from dividing up the actual OpenCMS-content into
two separate Servlet -instances.
I need something like changing  the URLs
 <servername1>/opencms/opencms/eads-ww/   into
 <servername1>/eads/
and
 <servername2>/opencms/opencms/private  into
 <servername2>/bu/

Does anybody have an idea, what to change in httpd.conf, web.xml and
server.xml (Apache 1.3x / Tomcat 4.0.1 / WARP-Connector-mod_webapp -
Configuration) to achieve these new URL-possiblities?

Are there other possiblities to provide IP-based access-control for a part
of the opencms-SERVLET-based-content?

Thanx for Your replies!

Regards,

Martin