tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Parra, Rod M" <RMPa...@ups-scs.com>
Subject Can't Find JavaBean
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 23:36:16 GMT
To All,

I'm in the process of learning JSP (through a Wrox book), so pardon such an
elementary problem.

When I invoke my JSP page Tomcat can't find my JavaBean.

This is how I call the JSP page:
http://localhost:8080/begjsp-ch04/carPage2.jsp
I get the following error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/wrox/cars/CarBean
The JSP page is located under:
c:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0\webapps\begjsp-ch04\carPage2.jsp
The JavaBean is located under
c:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0\webapps\begjsp-ch04\WEB-iNF\classes\com\wrox\cars\CarB
ean.class
The class was compiled with no errors.
This is the code that invokes the Bean in carPage2.jsp: <jsp:useBean
id="myCar" class="com.wrox.cars.CarBean" />
This is the first line of CarBean.java: package com.wrox.cars;

To the best of my knowledge, all environment variables have been set
properly.

I'm using Windows NT, Tomcat 4.0, j2sdk 1.4.0.

What could I be doing wrong?  I have gone through the archives and although
other newbies have had the same problem, I haven't found an answer for mine.

Thank you for your time,

Rod Parra