tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Deep Singh Bhau" <db...@in.firstrain.com>
Subject RE: Problem loading MySQL drivers.
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 12:37:19 GMT
has the problem being solved???

-----Original Message-----
From: Diego, Emil [mailto:ediego@exchange.sba.miami.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 1:18 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Problem loading MySQL drivers.

Where did you set the classpath ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Panos Konstantinidis [mailto:girionis@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 3:44 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Problem loading MySQL drivers.

  Hello there, I am running Tomcat 3.3.1 and JDK1.4
under Mandrake Linux 8.1 and I have a problem finding
the MySQL drivers. I have looked on the Tomcat
archives and could not find any similar questions, so
I thought I am going ot try the mailing list.

  I have created my own web app space and I have
managed to run Servlets and JSP pages successfuly but
when I am trying to load the MySQL drivers it fails
with the "java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver"
error message. I have put the mm.mysql-2.4.0-bin.jar
file under my webapp's WEB-INF/lib folder
(WEB-INF/lib/mm.mysql-2.4.0-bin.jar) but it does not
seem to work. I thought Tomcat was going to pick it up
automatically but obviously this is not the case. I
have set up the CLASSPATH to point to the .jar file
but still no luck. I have to tell you here that I can
load it from a Java application but not from a JSP
page.

  Any help is greatly appreciated.

  Kind regards

        Panos