tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alex Roussev <sasho...@yahoo.com>
Subject File download with Tomcat 4.0.2
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 21:34:10 GMT

Hello,

 How do I force Tomcat to serve a file as a download, instead of displaying it in the browser?
 For example, if I have an href pointing to a  filename with extention exe and I click on
the href
 within a browser it will prompt me to save this  file.

So basically, I want to do this with another file extention ( fls ).  However,  when I click
on the href Tomcat displays the contents of this file in the browser.  Is there something
I need to set up the web.xml file?

Do I need to define another  <mime-mapping> ?

Thank you,
Alex