tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Madock Chiwenda <mado...@yahoo.com>
Subject Setting Content Type and Content Length in Filters
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 11:52:51 GMT
Hi,

I have been struggling to get PDF output using filters
and JSPs in vain. I can get the right output from the
tomcat 4.0.3 but header info is incorrect or missing,
causing the browsers (IE, Netscape and Opera) to fail
to launch a Adobe Acrobat Plugin.

I am successful to get the output using JSPs and
servlets. Setting response content type and length
worked fine and I was able to preview the output in
common browsers. This causes the browser to wait for
content for so long and fail to launch the plugin.

I can implement a filter which just print a message on
the console (leave the response unchanged). But when I
modify the content using ResponseWrappers I cant set
the length & type correctly on the generated response.

If I click "save target on the browser" I am able to
open the saved file correctly with Adobe Acrobat
afterwards.

Can anybody please help?

Madock