tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul A. Procacci <pproca...@datapipe.com>
Subject Problems reloading class files
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 19:19:14 GMT
Hey List,
     First off, I am quite new to jakarta.  So, anything that you may consider mumbling or
incomplete, I apologize.  Here the problem:

A problem exists, when I reload an HttpServlet (class) in a web server.  Initially, it works,
but when I reload the page, it doesn't work.  Then once, I reload the page again, it works,
then reload - doesn't.  It's extremely weird.  Does someone have any idea as to what I could
be doing wrong?  I have enclose snippets from each of the appropiate configuration files.
 Please take a look, and see where I could have made my mistake.  This problem doesn't exist
in mozilla, but does happen in IE, Netscape, and Opera.

(Here's the example)
http://www.elitetravelerclub.com/runtime/HelloWorldExample

*********************
server.xml
<snip> <snip>

        <Context path="/runtime" docBase="runtime" debug="0" privileged="true">
                 directory="logs"  prefix="localhost_runtime_log." suffix=".txt"
                timestamp="true"/>

<snip> <snip>

*********************
httpd.conf

<snip> <snip>

LoadModule webapp_module libexec/apache/mod_webapp.so
WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy runtime warpConnection /runtime/

<snip> <snip>

********************
web.xml

<snip> <snip>

    <servlet>
      <servlet-name>HelloWorldExample</servlet-name>
      <description>
        This is a test servlet
      </description>
      <servlet-class>HelloWorldExample</servlet-class>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>HelloWorldExample</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/HelloWorldExample</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

<snip> <snip>