tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: I'm sure someone has tried this!! RE: Problem changing the defau lt cookie name JSESSIONID
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 19:16:04 GMT

I doubt too many people have done this, since changing the cookie name
violates the servlet spec, and therefore it's a *really* bad idea.

Doing partial recompiles of a large application like this seems like a
chancy thing .. you are assuming that you know *all* of the dependencies,
including the indirect ones.  Recompile *all* of Tomcat, following the
procedures described in the BUILDING.txt document in the source
repository.

Craig