tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chiming Huang <tomcat_hu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Use Tomcat
Date Sat, 11 May 2002 14:51:53 GMT

Thank you for your recommendation.  I will give it a try.
Chiming

  "Tulan W. Hu" <twhu@lucent.com> wrote: I don't think VirtualHost will help. I think
you can setup one tomcat with
three
webapp locations. Each of them uses a different webapp location, so that
they
will not messup other people's file.
Then you need to combine three war files as a product for system test.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chiming Huang"
To: "Tomcat Users List"
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 8:45 AM
Subject: RE: Use Tomcat

> Let's say we have 3 developers. Only one Tomcat is setup. My problem is
if one developer updates his pages (say logon pages), other developers can't
get to where they are working on. Obviously, the login pages are not
functioning properly yet.
> Does "Virtual Host" work for this purpose? I am lazy. I don't want to
setup everybody a whole set of working environment (web server, java JDK,
Tomcat ...). I would like to find out if I can just configure the single
Tomcat so that each person will have his own working environment. So that
they won't interfere each other.
> Thanks.
> Chiming
> "J.Deepak Kumar" wrote: tomcat does not need any
licence that costs.