tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jakarta Tomcat Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com) <jakarta-...@basebeans.com>
Subject Re: building mod_jk on solaris
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 16:25:01 GMT
Subject: Re: building mod_jk on solaris
From: "Jack Gao" <weigao@hotmail.com>
 ===
I think you need mod_jk for freebsd, because mod_jk.so will been loaded by
Apache, but not Tomcat.

I finally get mod_jk for Apache 2.0 from Tomcat-Connector-4.0.4-b2-src on
Solaris 7 platform build successfully.
What I did is: modify apxs under /usr/local/apache2/bin to add a "-shared"
in link command. Of cause modified build-unix.sh for JAVA_HOME, APACHE_HOME
and so on also.

The reason I add this in apxs is I can not found any argument for this
"-shared" for apxs it self, and solaris ld will need this to generate
mod_jk.so.

Anyway, my mod_jk.so currently works fine on my Solaris 7 box with Apache
2.0.36 and Tomcat 4.0.3.

Thanks

Jack