tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chiming Huang <tomcat_hu...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Use Tomcat
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 12:45:54 GMT

Let's say we have 3 developers.  Only one Tomcat is setup.  My problem is if one developer
updates his pages (say logon pages), other developers can't get to where they are working
on.  Obviously, the login pages are not functioning properly yet.
Does "Virtual Host" work for this purpose?  I am lazy.  I don't want to setup everybody a
whole set of working environment (web server, java JDK, Tomcat ...). I would like to find
out if I can just configure the single Tomcat so that each person will have his own working
environment. So that they won't interfere each other.
Thanks.
Chiming
  "J.Deepak Kumar" <jkumar@sapient.com> wrote: tomcat does not need any licence that
costs.
Can you please elaborate on the 2nd question .

-----Original Message-----
From: Chiming Huang [mailto:tomcat_huang@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 5:41 PM
To: Tomcat User
Subject: Use Tomcat

Hi,

1. I would like to use Tomcat as the JSP and Servlet engine in our web
project. Do I need to get a license (or anything) from anyone to use and
deploy Tomcat?

2. For multiple developers, what is the best configuration of Tomcat? So
there is less conflicts between developers. Please advise.

Thanks.

Chiming