tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant Management Tasks
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 15:59:05 GMT

On Wed, 8 May 2002, Eddie Bush wrote:

> Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 23:30:12 -0500
> From: Eddie Bush <ekbush@swbell.net>
> Subject: Ant Management Tasks
>
> Are these tasks only available in 4.1.x versions of Tomcat?

Officially, yes.

> I'm currently running 4.0.1 and considering an upgrade for several
> reasons.  The 4.0 manager application howto doesn't mention anything
> about the tasks, but the 4.1 howto does.  It doesn't explicitly (that I
> saw) say it's a new feature, but I infer it is.  Am I correct?
>
> Bottom line:  Can I use the tasks in 4.0.1 or do I need to wait until I
> upgrade to 4.1?

It is possible that you could grab the catalina-ant.jar from 4.1.x, and
run it against a 4.0.x installation, and some of the commands might
actually work (i.e. those cases where 4.0 has the same Manager Webapp
commands and syntax that 4.1 has).  However, it's never been tested and
you are totally on your own.

What would help the Tomcat community more would be to have everyone hammer
on the 4.1.x test releases and help us find the bugs, so we can get the
thing released sooner rather than later.  :-)

> Thanks so much!
>
> Eddie

Craig