tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mario Felarca <gennad...@yahoo.com>
Subject Classloader question
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 05:05:47 GMT
Hello,

I have a situation with Tomcat 3.3a where I am trying
to allow a specific servlet context to load a version
of a class from within their WEB-INF/classes
directory, while other contexts on the server use a
different version of that class that is loaded by the
apps classloader.

I can currently get the context classloader to
actually load the correct class, however later on
during init, I am getting a java.lang.LinkageError
saying that the specific class that is being loaded
twice is violating the loader constraints.

Can anyone point me to any resources that would help
me solve this problem? Any similar experiences or
ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mario-