tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re[6]: file path problem
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 15:31:39 GMT
Hello Bharanidharan,

Glad I could help :-)

As for your new question....well, only if you loaded the template in the servlet and then
had the
servlet return the result in the response.  You wouldn't be able to
get a direct connection to the template inside the WEB-INF directory
from a browser requested http call.  You can access anything you want
anywhere on your system on the server-side with Java.

What are these "templates"?  Are they html files that are supposed to
be served up by the web server without modification?  To me,
"template" means that it provides a general structure that is ready to
be filled in with data.  That would be done by loading the template up
in the servlet, dynamically adding data where specified in the
template, and then returning the result of the structure + data to the
web client.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something because I've never worked with
jetspeed, but that should be the way it works.

Jake

--
Best regards,