tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ANM MList 01 <>
Subject Re: issues with mod_webapp configuration
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 22:43:14 GMT
Additional info: My apache_log.*.txt will show java errors like:

2002-05-06 16:28:16 [org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector]
Connection from localhost/
140 to localhost/
2002-05-06 16:28:21
[org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConfigurationHandler] Invalid
packet with type 0
2002-05-06 16:28:30
[org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection] Exception on
socket Broken pipe
        at Method)

Thanks any and all help!

 ANM> Hi, I have tried to search the archives but cannot reach some
 ANM> servers, so I succumbed to posting my query to the mail list.

 ANM> I am debian apache (1.3.24-2.1) user with a tomcat4 (4.0.3-3 &
 ANM> tomcat4-webapps 4.0.3-3) and mod_webapp (libapache-mod-webapp
 ANM> 1.2.1-1) installation.

 ANM> I would like to configure tomcat4 to work via my apache
 ANM> configuration. I have added the lines

 ANM> <IfModule mod_webapp.c> WebAppConnection warpConnection warp
 ANM> localhost:8008 WebAppMount examples warpConnection /examples/
 ANM> WebAppMount tomcat-docs warpConnection /tomcat-docs/ </IfModule>

 ANM> to my httpd.conf. I try to access http://localhost/examples/,
 ANM> after a few seconds I get a 404 Not Found for URL
 ANM> /examples/. But when I try http://localhost:8180/examples/ it
 ANM> works as it should.

 ANM> I have see folks report the same problems, but I have not yet
 ANM> see a satisfactory response that address the problem. I have
 ANM> reviewed my server.xml configuration, checked the ports, etc
 ANM> until I ready to throw in the towel.

 ANM> A related question: are there any pointers to document the
 ANM> directives. I have seen info for WebAppDeploy and WebAppInfo but
 ANM> these both produce errors on an apachectl configtest.

 ANM> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

 ANM> Anthony

 ANM> -- To unsubscribe, e-mail:
 ANM> <> For
 ANM> additional commands, e-mail:
 ANM> <>

Anthony Mutiso,,, (403) 270-7802
ICEquake Ltd., #2 Fountain Walk SW, Calgary, Alberta T2R 1P9

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message