tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ANM MList 01 <anm.mlis...@xs.dhs.org>
Subject issues with mod_webapp configuration
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 22:35:55 GMT
Hi,

I have tried to search the archives but cannot reach some servers, so
I succumbed to posting my query to the mail list.

I am debian apache (1.3.24-2.1) user with a tomcat4 (4.0.3-3 &
tomcat4-webapps 4.0.3-3) and mod_webapp (libapache-mod-webapp 1.2.1-1)
installation.

I would like to configure tomcat4 to work via my apache
configuration. I have added the lines

<IfModule mod_webapp.c>
    WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
    WebAppMount examples warpConnection /examples/
    WebAppMount tomcat-docs warpConnection /tomcat-docs/
</IfModule>

to my httpd.conf. I try to access http://localhost/examples/, after a
few seconds I get a 404	Not Found for URL /examples/. But when I try
http://localhost:8180/examples/ it works as it should.

I have see folks report the same problems, but I have not yet see a
satisfactory response that address the problem. I have reviewed my
server.xml configuration, checked the ports, etc until I ready to
throw in the towel.

A related question: are there any pointers to document the
directives. I have seen info for WebAppDeploy and WebAppInfo but these
both produce errors on an apachectl configtest.

Anthony