tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Remus Pereni <re...@nolimits.ro>
Subject Custom scheme based URL's not working in Tomcat 3, 4
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 15:05:03 GMT
Hi,

I have an application which use some customized scheme based URL's
(like jabber:/, ...). The code is implemented following the
description from the JDK API URL#URL by providing a custom package
with the protocol and an URLStreamHandler and by setting the
java.protocol.handler.pkgs  system property.

As a standalone application it works OK but when I embed the
application in Tomcat (tried with 3.3.1 and 4.0.3) it doesn't work
anymore.

Using some test code before the MalformedURLException it seems that
the system property is visible and the class is available. Also i
tried to put my jars lower in classloader hierarchy with no effect.

Any suggestions or ideas why is this happening ?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
        Remus