tomcat-users mailing list archives

From AMRAN...@aol.com
Subject I cannot run tomcat on XP proffesional
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 13:52:56 GMT
Hi

I am having problems with starting tomcat 4.02 on windows XP. Tomcat was
running fine on windows 95 and NT. I get the error message

Windows cannot find '-Djava.endorsed.dirs='. Make sure you typed the name
correctly, and then try again.

In the Tomcat dos window I get:

The JAVA_HOME environment is not defined correctly. This environment variable
is needed to run the program correctly. The system cannot find the batch
label specified - end.

The only thing I have not done on windows XP proffesional is that I have not
set the environment memory to 4096 because I could not find the option in
properties. I have checked my JAVA_HOME and I can compile java files but for
some reasons they do not run and I dont understand why? Everything was ok on
Windows 95 and NT.

I have tomcat 4.03 and jdk 1.3.0 on XP
Any guidance

Thanxs