tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: getRemoteUser() problem
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 20:01:02 GMT
Hello Lloyd,

On your <Connector> tag in Server.xml, you need to have
tomcatAuthentication="false".  It defaults to true.  If true,
getRemoteUser() will give you a null value.  When false, you will get
the remote user from Apache.

For example:

               acceptCount="10" debug="0" tomcatAuthentication="false"/>

Jake

LHM> I am using Apache 1.3.24 and tomcat 4.0.4 beta2 and mod_webapp (fairly
LHM> recent code snapshot) on Solaris 8. I am doing Basic Authentication from
LHM> Apache to a LDAP server. I cannot get the Remote User from
LHM> HttpServletRequest. I went through the archives and found a workaround
LHM> by unencoding the Authorization header. Is this problem in tomcat or
LHM> mod_webapp? Is this going to be fixed? Am I doing something wrong?

LHM> Thanks for any pointers,

LHM> Lloyd

LHM> --

Best regards,